PR Jobs in Phoenix: Public Relations Assistant for Cookbook Author
PR Jobs in Phoenix: Public Relations Assistant for Cookbook Author, Culinary Nutritionist
Posted: October 15, 2012
Please note: We are not accepting pitches from PR agencies or freelance publicists for this position. We are all set in that department. But thank you for your interest.
Overview: Chef Dudash Nutrition is looking for a hands-on public relations assistant with writing and communications experience to help promote a new book.
Education: Degree in marketing, communications or journalism preferred (or a student close to completing a degree and with a light credit load). At least 2 years of college education is required.
Experience: At least one year in marketing, communications or journalism; or a degree
Location: Phoenix, AZ area. Much of the work can be done virtually, some work is on-location (north Scottsdale).
Employee type: Part-time, independent contractor (5-10 hours per week)
Job title: Public relations assistant
Contact: Email resume with cover letter to Michelle Dudash at email@example.com with the subject header, “PR Assistant”. Questions accepted. No phone calls at this stage, please. Applicants selected for the next stage of the interview process will be notified by October 29, 2012.
Pay: $10-15 per hour, depending on experience. Opportunity for bonuses based on placement performance.
Start date: On or before November 1, 2012
Chef Dudash Nutrition is looking for a hands-on public relations assistant with writing and communications experience to help promote a new book.
- Research relevant media and compile media lists (local and national)
- Help secure local and national media placements for an author with a soon-to-release book, and help keep these efforts organized.
- Conduct community outreach for local events, cooking classes and other relevant venues
- Write copy for pitches and website
- Support PR efforts, brand awareness and consistent marketing communication efforts
- Pitch media
- Coordinate with other team members, as needed (social media, publicist, nutrition assistant)
- Other duties as assigned (perform some assistant duties as needed, such as occasional grocery shopping for TV segments)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proactive and organized
Knowledge of WordPress preferred, but trainable
Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and social media platforms
Knowledge of the social media world of blogging, photo sharing, etc.
Must have their own computer, internet and smart phone with email and text messaging (You won’t be bothered 24/7, but during the day through early evening, if there is an urgent matter you may need to be available for communications.)
Ability to respond via email within hours, or sooner
The ideal candidate must:
Have a sense of urgency
Be pleasant and easy to work with
Have a positive, go-getter attitude—this is a no whining or blaming zone
Must be interested in (preferably passionate about) food, and even better—healthy food
Must be deadline oriented
Must be able to complete some tasks with a quick turnaround time by deadline–sometimes within 24 hours. Sometimes sooner.
Have an interest, bordering on obsession, with PR and all forms of media: print, online, television, social and radio
Enjoy working in a fast-paced, sometimes intense, environment
Have a good grasp on the Phoenix media landscape, and having media contacts is a huge plus
Still reading this and interested? Great!
What else is in it for you:
- A glowing letter of recommendation, provided that you do a great job
- Learning from someone who has built her brand from the ground up and is quite knowledgable in self promotion and most things media
- Opportunity to meet people in the media and food world you ordinarily wouldn’t have access to
- Working with someone who is respected in the food and nutrition industry
- Opportunity to build your media contacts list
PR Jobs in Phoenix – PR Jobs in Scottsdale
You might also enjoy: