Have your seven-layer dip and eat it too, with significantly less saturated fat and calories. This dip is as healthy as eating a salad, but tastes like your indulging big time, with black beans, Greek yogurt, and avocado.
- 2 14-ounce cans seasoned black beans drained
- 2 cups fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large avocado or 2 small
- 4 cups well-drained pico de gallo salsa (about two 8-ounce containers)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 small fresh jalapeno thinly sliced (or mild green chiles)
- Baked whole-grain tortilla chips
- Mash the beans in a 13 x 9-inch glass dish. Spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
- If using a clear dish, wipe down the sides with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, chili powder and cumin, and spread over the beans.
- Dice the avocados and sprinkle evenly over the yogurt.
- Sprinkle the pico de gallo on top of the avocados, followed by the cheese, olives and jalapeño.
- Cover and chill for a few hours before serving.
- Calories: 110
- Sodium: 510
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg