Indianapolis Dietitian Shares Fall Recipes on Indy Style
I recently stopped by the studios at IndyStyle and had a blast sharing some of my very favorite fall-inspired meals and snacks. Yes, there will be pumpkin, but I’ve included some other stellar ideas from fall-inspired oats for your busy mornings to a sweet potato side dish everyone will love.
Fall Fruit Toast
This breakfast favorite of mine boasts protein, fiber and good carbs–no added sugar.
• Start with 100% whole-grain toast.
• Top with old fashioned peanut butter–look for one that contains only peanuts and sea salt.
• Top with fall fruit, like pomegranate arils or sliced figs.
Overnight Oats On-the-Go with Grapes & Cinnamon
Make the night before so you don’t have to do among the morning craziness.
• Combine 1/2 cup oats + 1/2 cup milk in a bowl or jar.
• Add in whatever fruit, nuts and seeds you want, like red grapes, dried fruit.
• Sprinkle with pumpkin spice or gingerbread spice.
• Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir and eat cold, or warm up in the microwave.
Fall Harvest Grain Bowl with Quinoa
• Add mixed greens to a bowl.
• Arrange quinoa, grapes or pomegranate, sliced almonds, chickpeas or leftover chicken over the greens.
• Drizzle over vinaigrette.
Pumpkin Butter with Apples and Maple
• Spread over whole grain toast and eat with a handful of nuts.
• Spoon over low fat Greek yogurt and top with granola.
• Scoop it up with whole grain crackers and a side of lowfat cheese.
All-Natural Pumpkin Spice Latte
Enjoy as an afternoon pick-me-up, or first thing in the morning as your wake-up call!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Garlicky Greek Yogurt Dip
A simple side dish for your fall table that everyone loves. Serve alongside family favorites like chicken sausages, sloppy Joes, or baked chicken nuggets.
You might also enjoy: